Https handshake for weservice consumer

Hi,
I am invoking a webservice consumer to call my partner webservice. Also I am provided with the partner certificate. I am using 7.1.1 webserivce consumer whihc had pub.client.soapclient.My WSDL carried the ‘Https’ url. I placed the partner certificate in the intergration server config/cert/ca path. when i run the connector to test the webservice I am getting
“com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!”

Please let me know how do I configure my IS 7.1.1 to have the partner certificate when it does a https handshake thro webservice consumer? And also the setting I need to do in the IS file path ca/public? Is there anything with trusted certificates settings in IS admin console??

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I’m facing the same problem. Did you find any workaround?

Jiorgos

Did you guys get a response to your issue? I am facing the same issue now.

In my case worked cause I added the certificate as trusted the /jdk1.6.0_14/jre/lib/security/cacerts file. Give it a try but make copy of the original file.

keytool -keystore C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\lib\security\cacerts -import -file customerCertificate.cert.crt.

Hi guys,

I was having the same problem and i found my solution was to do with the proxy settings on the IS server.

My IS had a proxy set up for HTTPS connections, and the server i was attempting to connect to was on the LAN and presumably returning a 404 message in http, which was affecting the error message.

I added a bypass in the proxy settings. IS → Settings/Proxy Settings → Edit Proxy Settings → (add server to proxy bypass list).

Hope this helps someone.

Here is the sample certificates that i generated and used to communicate 2 IS ( one acting as client and other as server on https port with require client cert)

keytool is available in /jvm/bin

For application1

****** Step 1: Creating the “public-private” key pair.
keytool -genkey -alias application1 -validity 365 -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ks.jks -keysize 2048 -keyalg RSA

E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ks.jks is the file that you will configure in application1 keystore

****** Step 2: Validate the “public-private” key pair.
keytool -list -v -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ks.jks

****** Step 3: Extract the “public key” from the “public-private” key pair
keytool -export -alias application1 -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ks.jks -rfc -file E:\SSL-Certs\application1_publickey.cer

E:\SSL-Certs\application1_publickey.cer is the file you will configure in application2 client certificates

****** Step 4: Create the Truststore using the public key extracted.
keytool -import -alias application1 -file E:\SSL-Certs\application1_publickey.cer -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ts.jks
keytool -list -v -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ts.jks

For application2

****** Step 5: Creating the “public-private” key pair.
keytool -genkey -alias application2 -validity 365 -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ks.jks -keysize 2048 -keyalg RSA

E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ks.jks is the file that you will configure in application2 keystore

****** Step 6: Validate the “public-private” key pair.
keytool -list -v -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ks.jks

****** Step 7: Extract the “public key” from the “public-private” key pair
keytool -export -alias application2 -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ks.jks -rfc -file E:\SSL-Certs\application2_publickey.cer

E:\SSL-Certs\application2_publickey.cer is the file you will configure in application1 client certificates

****** Step 8: Create the Truststore using the public key extracted.
keytool -import -alias application2 -file E:\SSL-Certs\application2_publickey.cer -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ts.jks
keytool -list -v -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ts.jks

****** Step 9: Add both public cert to the truststore .
keytool -import -alias application2 -file E:\SSL-Certs\application2_publickey.cer -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ts.jks
keytool -import -alias application1 -file E:\SSL-Certs\application1_publickey.cer -keystore E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ts.jks

E:\SSL-Certs\application1_ts.jks is the file that you will configure in application1 truststore
E:\SSL-Certs\application2_ts.jks is the file that you will configure in application2 truststore