"hTMLInput" NOK in different versions of IE8

Hello,

I have some problems using the CAF control “hTMLInput” with different versions of InternetExplorer8.
The following problem occurs in IE 8.0.7601.17514 :

the CAF control “hTMLInput” allows the user to modify the input text. When the user selects one part of the text and then clicks on the “underline”-, “bold”-, “italic”-, “text color”- or “background color”-icon the cursor returns at the beginning of the textarea and does not apply any changes to the text. This works with the shortcut keys (ctrl+B, ctrl+I,ctrl+U). Sometimes after clicking multiple times on this icons you get to write your text bold, underlined, colored etc. but only at the beginning of the textarea.

I would say it works randomly…

In IE 8.0.6001.18702 it works fine.

Has anyone experienced this problem before (using MWS 7.1.3) and knows a workaround?

Thank you.

The HTMLInput control is a wrapped implementation of TincyMCE (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/)

You might check their knowledge base for any known issues.
Regards,
–mark

Hello,

thank you for the hint. I have not found any known issues at TinyMCE.
The testmodel from The Most Advanced WYSIWYG Editor | Trusted Rich Text Editor | TinyMCE works fine in IE version 8.0.7601.17514. I have tested an isolated CAF control “hTMLInput” on a testPortlet and it behaves the same way : does not work under IE version 8.0.7601.17514…

I would not know which version of TinyMCE is used in CAF…

Thank you for your support on this issue. I will forward this issue to SAG supprt.