HTML to submit data to Flow

Hi
Im having problem using HTML to submit data to flow. Im just writing a test program where i give an input as htmlInput in which im calling the add function and sending it to the output as outputValue. The program runs fine in my developer it takes values and add it. But when i try to run it through my IE as a html file it throws some Exception error. I have also created a DSP file in my outputValue string, Here is the error that i get when i submit the values.

$errorDump com.wm.app.b2b.server.UnknownServiceException: HTML_TEST:htmlReply at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler._process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:68) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.InvokeHandler.process(InvokeHandler.java:113) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:298) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)
$errorInfo $errorDump com.wm.app.b2b.server.UnknownServiceException: HTML_TEST:htmlReply at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler._process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:68) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.InvokeHandler.process(InvokeHandler.java:113) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:298) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)
$error HTML_TEST:htmlReply
$localizedError HTML_TEST:htmlReply
$errorType com.wm.app.b2b.server.UnknownServiceException
$user Default
$time 2005-04-21 16:00:37 EDT
$details
$errorMsgId

$error HTML_TEST:htmlReply
$errorType com.wm.app.b2b.server.UnknownServiceException

Please let me know if anyone has gone through this example, i would really appreciate.
Thanks,
Leon

Leon,

Please make sure that you are invoking correctly specifying with fully qualified name of the Service.(case sensitive) and this should be inside invoke tag.

HTH,
RMG

RMG you were right we were not using the fully qualified name. Now we are not getting any error. its just that after submitting the HTML page to flow service ,it replies back but with null values i mean the response page is coming with blank spaces.My understanding is that values from request page is not submitting to the flow service.Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You have to put %value htmlvalue% and send it to flowservice.

HTH,
RMG.

And you flowservice input should also be same variable called htmlvalue(case sensitive).

Hello RMG,

I am trying to transport data from a HTML-page to webMethods. Therefore I use the pub.flow:SavePipelineToFile and also pub.flow:restorePipelineFromFile. The next step is to transfer the data to a database. When I’m in webMethods I can transfer data to the Database. But I cannot transfer data from the HTML-page to webMethods and then to the Database. Can you give some advise?

Have a form with action as /invoke/Service

and submit with the form fields.

Hello Pazhanikanthan,

Below you can fine my HTML-FORM. The code is below.

The error is:
“java.io.FileNotFoundException: pipeline\customer:customer (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)”

The html code is:

<html>
<head>
<title> Submitting data to the webMethods Platform</title>
</head>
<body>

<form>

<table>

<tr>
<td><font face=“Verdana” size=“-1”>submittor</font></td>
<td><font face=“verdana” size=“-1”>
<input></font></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td><font face=“Verdana” size=“-1”>shipnumber</font></td>
<td><font face=“Verdana” size=“-1”>
<input></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
<input>

</form>
</body>
</html>

Hello Pazhanikanthan,
I also put the code below in my HTML-page. Still I have a error dump. Can you please help me with this.

<form>

Hello Pazhanikanthan,

<form>

Hello Pazhanikanthan,

I believe that I must put the code in my html-page?

FORM ACTION=http://localhost:5555/invoke/customer/customer "Method=POST

See page 21 of the “Dynamic Server Pages and Output Templates Developer’s Guide Version 6.1”. This PDF is found in your \Developer\doc\guides folder.

Mark

The following HTML form may be useful as a guide to invoking a wm service

bb1 bb2

Try including following in the BODY.

User input

please let us know the result.

Submitting data from an HTML form to a service in webM IS is straight forward -

1. Have a form in your HTML whose action is fully qualified name of the service you wish to invoke.
  2. The field names used in the HTML form, should be same as the inputs of the service being invoked.

E.g. if I have a flow service on IS as follows:
o Fully qualified name of the service is: HTMLWorks:HtmlReply.
o Takes two numbers as input - num1 and num2, here’s what my HTML would look like:
o Output is the sum of the nos - sum

Here’s what my HTML code would look like:
[highlight=HTML]

Submitting data to the webMethods Platform User input [/highlight]

On the click of the submit button, the values in the text boxes (num1 & num2) will be passed to the flow service as inputs, the service will calculate the sum (or do whatever) and put the output in the variable ‘sum’. This output will be displayed through a default html template that IS uses. If you want your output to be displayed on a fancy page, you may define your own output template for the service. Read up the DSP & Output Template guide how to build output templates.

PS: When writing a piece of code in your post, please use [highlight=langName] code.
HTH, Rohit

I’m new to WM.7
I’m trying to follow your tutorial but still i have this problem :wink:

http://www.alhattan.com/up//uploads/images/alhattan-4ca4dc99d8.bmp

Hi,

Am facing the same issue. Service is in place, but at runtime sometimes, i get this error.

Can somebody help on this?