How to use wsclient-endpointAddress

Hi,

I have CAF portlet application and IS package developed on the test server. Now when i move the CAF portlet and the corresponding IS package to another environment my portlet is still trying to access the IS service from my test server. Im using Basic authentication method so i have configured a User and ACL in the IS. I have replicated the same in my new environment.

Now since it is accessing the old test server i updated the wcclient-endpointAddress to my new server details as shown below:
http://:/ws/

Now i get the below binding expression error:
Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{UserAdministrationDefaultviewView.userAdministration.superUsersTable.result.flag}”

When i looked at the IS server log im getting Access denied on ‘ws/’

Error:
2016-05-27 11:29:27 UTC [ISS.0053.0002C] Access denied for user ISIUser on port 5555 → ‘ws/’

Is there something i have done wrong. Has anyone faced such issues while moving CAF projects ?

br,
Kiran

Hi Kiran,

Best practice is to use wsclient-endpointAddress as part of connector endpoint address.

Attached is the screen shot of implicit variables which will replace the URL of IS server. This when mapped to databinding of connector will fill as #{environment[“wsclient-endpointAddress”]}.

Here you can append /ws/. You can add username and password in the same way if you have enabled authentication for the WS call.

Details of wsclient-endpointAddress can be configured on each MWS were the portlet is being deployed; these details are configured as environment variable.
Login in as sysadmin to MWS and follow the below path.
Folders > Administrative Folders > Administration Dashboard > Configuration > CAF Application Runtime Configuration

You can update Global configuration and the same can be updated to application level too.
Attached is the screen shot of GlobalConfig entries

Now when you do a deployment from one env to another, the portlet will carry the place holders and Environment entries will fill the details.