How to stop integration server through command prompt

How can I stop the integration server through command propmt?

Hi Deepa actually there is no way you can stop the IS through a command prompt the only way is u close the prompt and wait till it shuts down.

Hi Deepa

You can write a java service using wM Java API which can call the following service .

wm.server.admin:shutdown

You can execute this Java service from command promt whenever you want to shutdown IS

Srini

Hey Srini thanks for the reply, i didnt knew u could use java service to shutdown server … sorry deepa for wrong post. Thanks again Srini.

Yes, we have successfully used using Java Service and a DSP page.

If its not a dynamic shutdown every time, in UNIX you can simply kill a pid and the LOCKFILE.

On Windows platforms, stopping the service now shuts down IS 6.1 SP2 and later correctly. That means that a simple batch file that does a “Net Stop” on the webMethods IS service name should do the trick. This did not work in the past because the service would not shut down or it would shut down, but leave the java.exe running.

Mark

I know that the post is quite old, but I want to leave teh message for the people like me, that will look for the answer in future :wink:

The easiest way to shut down IS on unix machine from commant promt is executing the command:

nohup links “http://Administrator:manage@localhost:5555/invoke/wm.server.admin/shutdown?bounce=no&option=force&timeout=0” &
[all in one line]

where:
Administrator:manage - login and passwor for IS admin account
localhost - name of the host that you wold like to kill
5555 - port, that IS is running
bounce = yes|no - restart
option = force - immediately or wait for timeout
timeout = “seconds” - wait before restart or sutdown

I hope that it will be helpful :slight_smile:

Is the “links” utility provided with most Unix distributions these days or was that an add-on package for your OS?

Others have posted similar approaches using cURL.

Mark

I think that links is provided with most of Linux/Unix distributions. Instead one can use lynx or any other text web browser.

Marcin

Hi Deepa,

You can shutdown the Server through command prompt…
you just need to press Control+C…to terminate the process…and it will shutdown the server in systematic way…lock file will also deleted…I have tried this method…and it works…so u can also try this one…

bye

Though the post is older one but then also am replying so that in future someone refers it will be easy for them...    I do agree with Kapil what he said. We can do by pressing Control+c and also 
go to Task Manager -->  Click on Processes tab ---> and find java.exe

and just kill that process until no other java.exe presents…It will directly come to the next line of Command prompt and also deletes LOCKFILE…

So try this and let me know whether it worked and yu like it or not....

Thanks & Regards,
M.SUDHEER…

Hi Kapil,

Unfortunately, it’s a quite dirty way to do a shutdown because the I.S. doesn’t call packages’ shutdown services.

Bye

I am also trying to achive the same. But Lynx. cURL, Links are not working on solaris.
Can anyone suggest any alternate way to invoke wm.server.admin:shutdown.

Thanks

This is for unix users

ps -ef | grep integrationserver

the above command is used for searching the (processes)instances that are running in the server.

before shutting down the server we have to kill these instances, and then stop the server.

to kill the instances we use

kill -3 instanceid(this instance id we get from the above step)

then run kill -9 instanceid command to stop the server.

kill -3 is used for generating the java core file for the currently running instances.

and then we have to remove the lock file from the IS directory,and also we have to take the back up of the below file…

nohup.out” file. this file is present in the integration server bin directory.
go to IS bin directory and use ls command to see all the files. in that u can find the nohup file.

This is for unix users

ps -ef | grep integrationserver

the above command is used for searching the (processes)instances that are running in the server.

before shutting down the server we have to kill these instances, and then stop the server.

to kill the instances we use

kill -3 instanceid(this instance id we get from the above step)

then run kill -9 instanceid command to stop the server.

kill -3 is used for generating the java core file for the currently running instances.

and then we have to remove the lock file from the IS directory,and also we have to take the back up of the below file…

nohup.out” file. this file is present in the integration server bin directory.
go to IS bin directory and use ls command to see all the files. in that u can find the nohup file.