How to run , runtime widget code on my local for observe changes in widget

Product/components used and version/fix level are you on:

Backend: 1015.0.278
UI: 1011.0.38

Detailed explanation of the problem:

I have created widget using run time widget code now I want to know how can i run this on my local machine if I want to see the changes how can I achieve this let me know if you need more info.

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Hi Sumit,

Please go through below guide:

Regards,
Darpan

1 Like

Thank You @Darpankumar_Lalani

what if I am using run time widget code and implemented inventory service want to see changes now i am confused either I have to run it on local for see the changes or I have to deployed changes on Cumulocity and I will able to see in widget which approach I should follow my end goal is I have to implement inventory and have to call rest API through inventory operation so that I can show some API’s value i have to see some changes of output result in my widget so for this what I have to do to see changes

Hi Sumit,

In above demo widget example, local development runs on angular application where you do not have actual widget but as individual component(config and main component). You can use local server to develop/test APIs by passing(hard coding) device Id.

However when you are done with testing, build runtime binary and deploy it into cumulocity.

Thank You @Darpankumar_Lalani

Hi @Darpankumar_Lalani
is there any way instead of passing hard code I want to all device id for passing in inventory service in device detail(id) one by one I do not want to pass hard coded
please suggest me something regarding this below I am Attaching image You can refer it.

I image you can see I have passed hardcoded device id but from now I do not want to hardcode ,
how can get device id’s which is register on Cumulocity so that I can pass it in inventory

give some suggestion or docs or some code snippet which can help me

thank you in advance

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.