How to pub.flow:iterator

Product/components used and version/fix level:

webMethods IS 10.15

Detailed explanation of the problem:

I am trying to understand how to use How to pub.flow:iterator - it seems to implement a mechanism to slice data; but trying to understand how this is intended to be used.

Hi Chirag,

did you check the IS Built-In-Services Reference for documentation?

This document contains the following Usage Notes for pub.flow:iterator:

Usage Notes
The output service signature of the service specified by the serviceName input parameter
must contain at least one IData array. If there are multiple IData arrays in the output
signature and the resultSetKey input parameter is not specified, pub.flow:iterator batches the
first IData array in the pipeline. If there are no IData arrays in the pipeline, pub.flow:iterator
returns the output all at once instead of in batches.
The pub.flow:iterator service sends the rest of the pipeline to the service specified by the
serviceName parameter in the case that multiple calls are required to get all of the data in
the result set.

The signature of this service is documented there too.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

I did see documentation. Will try again.

Did you manage to get it work. Please let me know if you need help

Hello @Raghavendra_Korti1 i have not used it successfully yet. If you can share usecase (or a demo service), it would be helpful.

I was able to identify how to use this.

• iterator needs to be called in repeat till records are exhausted.
  • iterator calls the service one time only and captures array and returns content in size specified.
  • passing input to the callling service and handlng output requires bit of jugglery .
    the developer may need to think about how to store data and retreive it using service and use iterator to split it.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.