How to pass values from text box and manipulation

Hi,

I’m the beginner to caf. Started with sample portlet.

• Created ‘addNum’ flow service in developer
  • Created new portlet project/portlet and did ‘drag & drop’ the flow service in designer IDE which completes the process of text boxes. I able to give inputs from browser and see the out put by clicking ‘Refresh’.

I want to do the same functionality by manually assigning the flow service or doing the calculation within Bean. Please assist on this.

Rgds,
Sam

If you want to call the service from within code, that’s totally doable.

I’d start by using web services, which you don’t seem to be doing. The other way of doing it is deprecated. When you’ve got that far, come back with a new screenshot and I’ll be able to see what to tell you to do next :slight_smile:

Hi Rob,

Please find the attachment for the addNum in which I used ‘webService’.

Attachment which I placed in my first email is the one in which I’m trying to add the service manually to perform addition when I click ‘addNumber’ button.

Okay cool. Next question: do you want to assign the variables to be added together programmatically, or are you happy with inputting them on the screen?

Hi Rob,

Instead using ‘web Service’ for addition (which does everything automatically), I need to include/call the ‘add service’ which we created in IS service, when I click the ‘addNumber’ button.

Rgds,
Sam