How to open a new dialog window from a function menu (workplace)?

We have a corporative portal based on the Natural for AJAX workplace facility.
This workplace has the regular panels: function, active functions and content. We use the NJX:XCIWPFUNCTIONS control to create the function menu from which the user can open Natural for AJAX and non-Natural pages at the content area or within a popup window.
We need to open a new dialog window from the function menu (note: the page related to this menu option must be opened in a new browser window or as a new browser tab), but I can’t see how to do this using the NJX:XCIWPFUNCTIONS control.

Hi Orlando,

In the data structure for the function tree you can specify the “type” of page. See http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/natural/njx825/njx/njx_xciwpfunctions.htm#njx_xciwpfunctions

If you set ADDNODE_TYPE=“cispopup” for the corresponding node, this should be opened as popup. The popup is implemented as an own browser window.

Does this meet your requirements?

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,
Thank you for your hint.
See: I can’t use a popup in this case. I need to have the URL (which is a non-Natural one) opened in a new window (or a new tab) of the browser.
But I solved this problem assigning this function of the menu to a node which must be opened in a specific target: when I move the “_blank” value to the XCIWPINFO_NODE.TARGET variable, the URL is opened in a new window.
Kind Regards,
Orlando.

Hi Orlando,

Thanks for sharing your solution.
Just 1 hint: When the workplace is closed, the page, which is opened in target “_blank” won’t be closed automatically with the workplace. But this might be perfectly OK or intented for your application.

Best Regards,
Christine