How to insert new value in managed object through EPL

I have to insert a new Id and its value in existing managed object through EPL.

My use case is like below

Before addition:

“id”: “1234”,
“abc_xyz_config”: {
“test_time”: {
“id”: “value1”,
“id2”: “value2”,
“value”: “0.5”
}
}

Before addition of new value managed object should be show like this:
“id”: “1234”,
“abc_xyz_config”: {
“test_time”: {
“id”: “value1”,
“id2”: “value2”,
“value”: “0.5”
“id3” : “value3”
}
}

Hi Prakash,

you need to:

• use a managed object input block to receive the managed object
  • use the Extract property block with “abc_xyz_config” as the property path and JSON as the property type
  • use the Set property block with “id3” as the Property 1 parameter and connect the actual value to the “input 1” of the block.
  • use a Managed Object output block and connect the output of the Set property block to the “value” input of the output block. Set the “property name” parameter of the output block to “abc_xyz_config”.

This is necessary because in C8Y you can only update top-level elements as a whole. So you have to first extract the whole element, add the new value and then update the whole element inside the managed object.

best regards,
Harald

2 Likes

Hello Harald,

I am new to EPL and Cy8 . Could you please provide me some link or some code snippets. That will be a great help .

you can do it through the analytical model ; more easy than the EPL app and doesn’t take so much time ; i can help in it

1go to streaming analytics
2 choose analytics models
3 click new model
4 in the left you will find what you need input blocks ; output blocks ; processing blocks
5 choose the input ; it seems like you getting events ; configure it so it can fit with the device source
6 specify you output if it is values ; the output is mostly measurement ; otherwise if it is a string ; then the output should be an event
7 to understand more about blocks ,read this ==========> “”“Reverb”“”

otherwise if you find something about the EPL app can you feed me back please

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.