How to handle a document list from a HTTP request

Hi,

I am currently facing an issue where one of the flow requires a document list as input, running it on SAG isn’t an issue, but when it comes to use it in SoapUI (through HTTP request, either POST or GET), it doesn’t seem to go through…

document list is in this form: “parameter” as the document list.
“key” and “value” are two strings in the document list.

As such, I was expecting that the request could be written like this (under a XML format):

<parameter>
  <key>1</key>
  <value>Test</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
  <key>2</key>
  <value>Test2</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
  <key>3</key>
  <value>Test3</value>
</parameter>

But it looks like it’s not the case.
I am quite new with SAG and integration in general, I am probably missing some knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
Syl

Hi,

Are you using SOAP, and if so, what is the XSD you are using?

If you are trying to do a direct call (which is not advisable as the format is not standard) you could capture the communication between IS with wireshark (or other tools or put the HTTP logging to trace) and check the format.

If running on 9.8 (maybe even 9.7) or later versions, I suggest you switch to REST and use JSON as an interchange format - the available tools in the IS and elsewhere make it easier to manage.

Best regards

Hi,

It is working by using a JSON format so that’s fine now.

I wasn’t using a specific XSD, I was sending a “text/xml” content through HTTP request to my service (please refer to the one from my original message)

I actually used Wireshark when doing a direct call, but I could only see
com.wm.data.ISMemDataImplUUID 376cd1b0d85915f2b6c5fdeee126a08aCOMMANDwm.server:pingHEADERBODYMSGTYPETTL
java.lang.Long180000 so it wasn’t really helpful, but I am also not an expert in this domain.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Syl

Hi,

Yes, direct calls from external apps are very tricky.

At the very least you should use the IS client libraries to interface with the server but that is more of a hassle than to just use REST.

Best regards