How to get Max Pool Size for an Adapter Connection?

Hi All

There ia a requirement in our project to monitor the used/available pool size of a JDBC Adapter Connection. If the used connections exceeds the threshold we have to raise an alert.

We know about the service pub.art.connection:getConnectionStatistics which gives the total, used and free connections available.

Can anyone suggest how can we get the max pool size configured for a JDBC Adapter connection?

Hi,

please let me know if you have any such solution. We are having the same requirement too.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think there is any public service to get this information. One way would be to go in \IntegrationServer\packages\WmART\pub folder. Check out GetConnProperties.dsp. This DSP calls webMethods services to display connection details.
It internally calls wm.art.admin.connection:getConnectionProperties and
wm.art.admin.connection:getConnectionManagerProperties services.

Haven’t tried myself, but it would be worth to try.

Jiten

You can use any of below services as per your requirements.

wm.art.admin.connection:getResourceConfiguration
wm.art.admin.connection:getResourceStatistics

Let me know if it helps.

Many Thanks
Amrendra

Hi Amar or Jiten,

Can you please tell how can i monitor the maximum pool size. I tried to use this service “getConnectionStatistics” in WmART package. But it only gives totalconnection, freeconnections etc. How to calculate max pool from these outputs.

Please reply.
Thanks,David.

wm.art.admin.connection:getResourceConfiguration

Another of the useful non-published services for which we’re on our own if we use them.