How to configure webMethods SAP adapter to connect to SAP MDM

Anyone has any experience to connect to SAP MDM via wm SAP adapter?
In SAP R/3 connection, we provide Gateway host and Gateway service info in WM adapter. But in MDM, our SAP admin do not define those value during installation.

And I tried to configure using values as we did in R/3, it did not work.

Can you please share what are required for connecting to SAP MDM from wm adapter?

Thanks.

Hi

I think connection parmeters is same for any SAP module. Check the Adapter documentation or give correct connection parameters values like application server name etc it should work,
Please let me know which version of SAP Adapter your using and what error you are getting.

Cheers,
Sree

Sree,

Thanks for your reply.

I gave the same parameter as configured in SAP R/3, SRM module. But getting the following error. Our SAP basis team said that they have not define any gateway service during installation.

"Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM GWHOST=SRVCRMSIF1T, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=SRVCRMSIF1T, SYSNR=00 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host ERROR partner not reached (host SRVCRMSIF1T, service 3300) TIME Tue Feb 19 12:14:40 2008 RELEASE 620 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 36 RC -10 MODULE niuxi_mt.c LINE 1093 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SO_ERROR ERRNO 146 ERRNO TEXT Connection refused COUNTER 102 "

“Connection refused” usually indicates an incorrect port.

Usually the “RFC gateway process” listens on that port. So if your SAP admins said, they didn’t install a gateway, this explains, why you can’t connect…

Can it be, that SAP MDM is a third party product that SAP bought recently and which does not run on an R/3 kernel (and therefore does not support the RFC protocol)?

Regards, Lanzelot

Yes, MDM is a product SAP acquired and in Netweaver stack.
I’m working with webMethods support on this, will post the findings.

Any update on this ? Can wM SAP Adapter talk to SAP MDM ?