We are trying to configure the certificate (.cer) for the partner profile. The following procedure followed,
- Private key created (.key)
- CSR created and sent to Verisign
- Verisign supplied the signed certificate (.cert)
- we have converted the cerficate to .cer format
- tried to load the certificate in the profile. this does not work, throws the exception "Bad certificate chain for usage sign: Certificate chain contains a single certificate, and that certificate is not self-signed. "
Do we need CA certificate as well? if so please suggest how to configure CA certificate along with the certificate supplied by verisign. I have managed to extract the CA certificate from the certificate already.
Am I missing something in the configuration?