How to change Integration Server Log Format

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Integration Server 10.3

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Customer License

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Hi. I would like to change the format that the logs are written in server.log file.
Currently its writing like this:
2022-01-07 15:58:49 GMT-03:00 [ISS.0053.0002C] (tid=793) Access denied for user renan on port 5200

I want to write like this:
2022-01-07 15:58:49 GMT-03:00 Access denied for user renan on port 5200

(Removing the tid and this ISS code)

How can I do that?

I’ve read the Integration Server Administration Guide in this link: Specifying Amount and Type of Information to Include in the Server Log (softwareag.com) but I didn’t find anything about changing the log format.

I’ve also tried to change the “custom_wrapper.conf” file adding the following line:
wrapper.logfile.format=TM

It still didn’t work.

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

No errors

[ISS.0053.0002C]” is the IS internal error code which is key information, so you won’t be able to remove that.

Why do you want to remove it?

Do you intend to use the timestamp and error message alone, elsewhere?
If yes, then I can suggest another option.

KM

1 Like

Hi @Venkata_Kasi_Viswanath_Mugada1

I would like to remove because our log it is display a lot of [xx.anything] values and a lot of (tid=1234) making it difficult to read.

Is that possible?

No, there isn’t a way to remove them, because they’re part of the internal logging mechanism and the info is useful for solving issues; you’ll appreciate their purpose when you go through this guide (link).

Now, I understand that you’re just looking to simplify the existing logs, so, this is not the solution (it’s called Event Manager) you’re looking for. However, I have found this immensely useful, when I had to automate the monitoring of Events and trigger desired actions.

Take a look at this brief post (link) and refer Chapter 43 (page 909) in the Service Development Help, here (link).

KM

1 Like

@Renan_Lopes1 ,
As Kasi mentioned, the server log is a core part of the Integration Server’s logging mechanism and hence cannot be customized very much . A couple of notes though about your question regarding wrapper.logfile.format and tid in server.log

The wrapper.logfile.format property - you can customize the format of the wrapper logs(jvm) by specifying the wrapper.logfile.format in the custom wrapper conf file. This affects the wrapper.log file in the profiles<profile_name>\logs folder.

The thread id part of the message can be omitted by setting the watt property watt.serverlog.includeThreadID to false. Refer
watt.serverlog. (softwareag.com)

NP

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.