how to associate the non xml data to xml data?

Hi everyone,
I want to design a schema that contains Non xml data, e.g.a entity names people, which contains four elements ,such as name ,Id, photo and project paper, and the photo is store in *.jpg format , progect paper is store in *.pdf format.I should search the photo and project paper base in people Id. Each people has his owner’s phota and project paper.
how to design this schema in order to associate the non xml data to xml data .
And another question is how can i get the non xml data result, and execute program to open the result in web appication?

thank you ,
lisa

Hi lisa,

I’m not sure if you figured this out already but I’ll give you my solution.

I had a similiar problem where I had a picture and some data about the picture. What I did was to store the picture as non-xml data but prefixed the document name with a unique key (customer id) and the time and date. I then had another doc type that was xml data that stored the data for this picture with the name of the picture document as an element.

You can access the picture by using http://localhost/Tamino/db/collection/non-xml doctype/documentname

if you are looking for all the pictures for a customer you can either query the xml data and go find the document or perform and xql query on the non-xml data.

Example of query “/doctype[@ino:docname~=‘123*’]”
This will find all documents for client 123.

Hope that is what you were looking for

Hi Lisa,

watch out for Tamino 4.1.4 which includes a standard method to associate XML data with non-XML data

Regards

Harald

I am create unique prefix for non-XML docname (date, time, user, …) and
store full docname of non-XML part in URL in XML part.

Hello everyone!

Harald, can you please clarify which Tamino v4.1.4 feature do you mean? The question about non-XML is raised in increasing frequency at this forum. And I see that using Tamino as a document store for different data types become very popular (especially when non-XML Indexer is released). So it would be very helpful to have some recommendations from Tamino developers side.

By now I see only one approach that has already been covered by Jean and CBH. This is to have references from XML documents to binary data (direct or indirect) using unique identifiers (your own or ino:id).

Best regards,
Alexander