How to assign permissions to LDAP users on API Gateway

Hi,

I need to log into API Gateway using any LDAP user, and I have successfully completed and proved authentication via LDAP by configuring API Gateway to use LDAP. And I also want to associate certain permissions for specific LDAP users, so I created a group on LDAP and associated the LDAP users with this group. On API Gateway, I also created a group with the same name as on LDAP, and associated this group with a team on API Gateway that has been assigned some permissions. But when I log into API Gateway with such an LDAP user, the user does not have any permissions.

I use OpenLDAPforWindows for LDAP provider and the version for the API Gateway is 10.5, how do I go about with the above problem, any suggestions are welcome.

The attachment “openldap_group.png” shows an account “Lef” and a group “ShenZhenGroup” created on LDAP, the group has been associated with the account on LDAP.
The attachment “apigateway_team.png” shows a group “ShenZhenGroup” and team “ShenZhenTeam” created on the API Gateway, the team has been associated with the group.
The attachment “apigateway_openldap_user.png” shows that the LDAP user “Lef” does not have any permissions after logging into the API Gateway.

Hi Kelley,
Can you please check the functional privileges, maybe the user does not sufficient privileges. The configuration seems ok.

Regards.

Hi Kelley - I am looking for how you configured LDAP in API gateway. Can you please screenshot where you provide directory url, group dn , UID property, user root dn, group id property and so on.
I will appreciate information on it. What else you did besides from LDAP configuration to make successful connection with LDAP.

You can configure LDAP configuration in Menu Options → User Management → LDAP Configuration → Add LDAP Directory.
For more details, please have a look at the documentation