In general, from the process designer, a task is assigned to a User or Team.
However, in the use cases where a process task needs to be assigned to a ROLE, follow these instructions:
- Create a Rule Set (with name say Identify Owner), where Return Type is Process Step Owner
NOTE: When a Rule Set has a return type, the first rule action that returns a value halts the rules engine. No other rules are evaluated. (For best performance, order the rules such that the ones most likely to match come first.)
- Add a Rule with the action - Return Step Owner as the last action.
- Create a new process or edit any existing process where the user task /approval task has to be assigned to a role
- During Runtime, when this step is executed a new task is created and shows as open ownership
- However, in the task detail page Role is mentioned
- Only the user with the respective Role as per configuration is able to complete the task.