How to add already installed IS Servers in Terracotta cluster using Command Central

Hi,

I have installed two IS Servers in the same unix system using Command Central. Now I want to add those two IS servers in cluster using Terracotta and Command Central composite templates.

Could you please help me how to achieve this case?

Thanks in advance
Arpan

Hi Arpan,

hopefully both IS share the same Database schema (under IS Admin β†’ Settings β†’ JDBC Pools).

Additionally you will require an external LoadBalancer to split up traffic between the instances.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your reply.

So, I need to configure a separate external load balancer along with Terracotta Server. Is it so?

If it is the case, then how to configure Terracotta server for load balancer setting?

Hi Arpan,

please check the IS Clustering Guide for further information.

It should have this described.

Load Balancing is needed for incoming WebServices to the IntegrationServer, otherwise these requests will reach either one or the other IS without the possibility to redirect them in cases of outtages.

Regards,
Holger

First you need to have Terracotta server or cluster setup.
You already asked how to do that and it’s captured here:

Then both IS server instances must point to the same external database, not Derby.
If IS instances were setup using CC composite template similar to is-template, then DB information, e.g. db.type, db.url, etc should have been identical for both IS instances.

Then COMMON-CLUSTER configuration must be created on both IS instances and point to the TC server/cluster.

Normally all of this is done by applying is-layer template with environment.type=cluster and passing is.tc.url and db.xxx parameters for the database, plus two or more hosts for the is.hosts= array, e.g.

This is example execution from the default is-layer template.yaml

cc exec templates composite apply is-layer environment.type=cluster 
   is.hosts=[host1,host2,host3] db.type=oracle db.host=host0 db.name=db1 db.username=user db.password=pass 
   is.tc.url=host4:9010 os.username=vmtest os.password=pass

If your IS instances are setup on the same host, in the same installation directory then you can execute the same template for each instance, e.g.

is.hosts=[host1] db.type=oracle db.host=host0 db.name=db1 db.username=user db.password=pass 
   is.instance.name=inst1 is.primary.port=5551 ....

is.hosts=[host1] db.type=oracle db.host=host0 db.name=db1 db.username=user db.password=pass 
   is.instance.name=inst2 is.primary.port=5552 ....

Notice is.instance.name and is.xxx.port parameters must be different for each instance, but DB and TC parameters are identical.

Thanks
Sergei

1 Like