How should I add NEW tag in TAMINO?

Hello!

I have got my running XML database on TAMINO 3.1.1.1 However I need to add new one field into my database, in order to not lose existing data. How can I should do step by step? Thanks a lot for support.

Regards
Dariusz Baumann

Hi Dariusz Baumann,
This may not be the correct answer, but i had a simmilar issue, i had to download all the data using tamino loader on to a file, then undefine the schema and redefine it with the new element and then modify the data file using some scripts (if required) and uploading it again.

Well if there is some other way (without undefining the schema and redefining it) i would like to know.
regards
amit

This may not be the correct answer, but i had a simmilar issue, i had to download all the data using tamino loader on to a file, then undefine the schema and redefine it with the new element and then modify the data file using some scripts (if required) and uploading it again.

Is it THE ONLY ONE solution? For me it is very complicated! Maybe somebody has different idea? Thanks a lot for support!

Regards,
Dariusz Baumann

If you do not allow open content for your doctypes addition should be no problem. Please see this discussion.