How do I use the failure object returned by pub.flow:getLastFailureCaught?

I am a licensed customer running webMethods Integration Server 10.5

I’m writing my first flow using the TRY and CATCH instead of the old SEQUENCE-based error handler.

In my CATCH block, I call pub.flow:getLastFailureCaught. The service output signature has an object variable named “failure”. In Designer, when I debug step over pub.flow:getLastFailureCaught, or when I run the service with a forced error so the CATCH block and pub.flow:getLastFailureCaught are executed, I see “failure” as a document variable in the Results. However, when I try mapping failure to a document so I can pull some of its contents for error reporting, it doesn’t map and all I get are $nulls.

How can I access the content of the failure variable in my CATCH block?

For example - in my CATCH block I mapped object failure to document failureDoc:

My Results of running this service show a document called failure, but no failureDoc:

Hi ,
The output failure of the pub.flow:getLastFailureCaught is an object, please refer Built in services guide page 364

failure - Object The last failure caught by a CATCH step. The failure parameter
is null if no failure have been caught.

In your example , an object type failure is being mapped to a document failureDoc , hence the empty values.
I tried a simple TRY CATCH and these were the results.

Can you let me know what is the additional information you are looking for in the CATCH block?

-NP

This final step in my flow:

Shows these results in Designer:

I want to get all those fields inside the “failure” object that shows up as a document in Designer results. How do I access the failure object’s contents? Is this just a pointless output that nothing can be done with?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.