How do i set a path to java compiler?

hi,

I am a beginner .How do i set a path to compile java service? please let me know as early as possible.

thanks

Christina,

Java services are compiled when you save them in the webMethods developer. You do not usually need to do anything else.

On some installations, however it is necessary to use the Settings->Extended menu in Administrator to modify the watt.server.compile and watt.server.compile.unicode settings to specify the full path to the javac command like the following example:

watt.server.compile=..\jvm\win142\bin\javac -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}
watt.server.compile.unicode=..\jvm\win142\bin\javac -encoding Unicode -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}

Hope that answered your question,

Mark

By default these two config parameters are set to ‘javac’, ie the javac set in the environment, which could be a version different than the one required by the installed version of IS or there may not be any javac set in the environment path at all.

I don’t understand why they (webM) don’t make it to default to the javac in the win142 (or sol142 on Unix) when they provide it bundled with IS :rolleyes:… trying to remember hard if there was an option to select JavaHome during the installation

~Just thinking out loud here~

Rohit

Mark,

I’d like to personally thank you for this post. this resolved the issue that i was breaking my head for almost 2 days.

I appreciate everybodys effort in trying to help others and i promise from here on i’ll try to do my best to help others.