Horizontal Sharing of assets across Child orgs

I have one organization created with several child organizations in it. We need consumers across these child organizations to be able to consume/request services from other orgs i.e. Horizontal sharing of assets across the child organizations of a single parent org. The only way i see of being able to do this is to create design time policyies for each of the child orgs in which i should set the permissions of the assets. Is there another way of doing this (eg. using lesser policies or using some policy at the parent org level) ?

Thanks,
Janardan.

Hi Janardan,
I think you are correct, you need to do something for each Child Org. I would combine it with a Service Lifecycle and an Approval step. Then you can also set the View Permissions in a Post-State-Change action. You can restrict Policies to Organizations and also to Assets with a particular name pattern, classification or description, but this would mean additional policies or manual steps. Basically it depends on your Use Case or Company Policies.
Kind regards,
Gerald

I think it would be a good idea to be able to scope policies and lifecycles across multiple orgs. Of course, the owning org would then have to consider the impact of changing a policy or a lifecyle model on other orgs, but if the enterprise is willing to pull it off in terms of processes etc., sharing across orgs definitely would help.
Our particular Use-Case is this: We have defined an org with several child orgs. Each of the child orgs have their own administrator and developers. The administrator’s role in this case is restricted to approvals of the services’ lifecycle state changes. The parent org is not really into creating assets. However, the Administrators of the parent org would be the ones defining the lifecycle and common policies for each of the child orgs. So the need to have the child org is basically to let them have their own organisation of persons who create/approve assets, they would not be creating their own lifecycles. They may create additional policies if they need, but they will also be bound to apply the common policies set by the parent org. Now, we can do this by creating all policies and lifecycles for ‘All’ organizations. But then the one concern than comes up is when we define a new org altogether, (at the default org level), they will not be able to define their own org as there will be an existing lifecycle for ‘All’ organizations.
I hope you are able to get our use case from this description, if yes, do you have any suggestion for me to implement it in a better way, if no, please let me know your questions and i will respond back.
Thank you for your help!