Handling Oracle Transactions

Hi,

I have got a problem regarding committing transactions in Integration component.
My IC consists of many Inserts/Updates operations on Oracle(Intelligent) Adapter.
All these operations are inside Try/Catch block.
When any of the operation fails,the adapter commits all the operations prior to the operation that has failed.
Why does it so though the Oracle adapter handles the transaction internally?
And how should I force my adapter to rollback the transaction in case any operation fails?

Will be very thankfully for immediate response.

Thanks in advance,
Neelima

Are you using ES or IS webMethods? The reason your transactions commited because WM uses JDBC for Oracle and by deafult the driver is set to autocommit every insert. You need to iether open a transaction context withing webMethods and handle exception rollback or find a way to configure your adapater or driver no to autocommit.

Are you using ES or IS webMethods? The reason your transactions commited because WM uses JDBC for Oracle and by deafult the driver is set to autocommit every insert. You need to iether open a transaction context withing webMethods and handle exception rollback or find a way to configure your adapater or driver no to autocommit.

Also, along with using StartTransaction prior to inserting, you might also want to incorporate a Branch. If all “conditions” are successfully met, then Commit. If “conditions” are not met, then Rollback.