HANDLE NAT1100 ON A DIALOG!

HOW COULD I HANDLE NAT1100 ON A DIALOG ?

An 1100, as i am sure you know, is a non numeric character in a numeric field.

Are you simply trying to validate a field as it is being entered? If so, in a CHANGE event you could test each character as it is entered. Then alert the user when they enter an invalid character.

Or, you could wait until the dialog was done and test the value in a CLOSE event. Again, with an appropriate action based on what you want the user to do.

steve

1 Like

Whats the difference between a NAT1100 and a NAT0954/S0C7? I’ve always known the latter to be caused when numeric variables/fields contain non-numeric data.

A S0C7 is an exception at the machine code level, which usually only happens when packed data gets overwritten or an alpha/binary field is redefined with a P-field and the redefined field contains invalid packed data.

The NAT1100 is a result of a format check following an INPUT.

Many-many years ago (should I call it “in the dark dust past”?) a S0C7 also used to be called “program-interruption code 0007 (Data Exception)”
Wolfgang is absolutely right in my opinion; just a bit of nostalgia :slight_smile:

S0C7 is z/OS-speak, “data exception” is the VSE version of it :wink:

THANKS MR ROBINSON,MAY I USE (*ERROR-NR) TO HANDLE IT WITH A MASSAGE,AND HOW COULD I DO IT?