getting error in MWS while viewing the broker server

Hi All,

Today am getting the belwo error while viewing broker server details page frm Administrator console of MWS (Administration–>messaging–>Broker servers—>Servers, Using webMethods 8.0.1 versiosn

2010-06-24 14:24:58 CEST (jsf:INFO) [RID:379] - Error: Cannot get Broker list on server “vms014.ccs.nl:6849”.: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.webMethods.messaging.tools.API.core.session.MessagingToolWebSession.getResourceProperty(MessagingToolWebSession.java:252)
at com.webMethods.messaging.tools.API.core.utils.PortletUtils.getResourceProperty(PortletUtils.java:66)
at com.webMethods.messaging.tools.API.core.utils.PortletUtils.getResourceProperty(PortletUtils.java:74)
at com.webMethods.messaging.tools.API.core.utils.PortletUtils.getMessageServerResourceObject(PortletUtils.java:135)
at com.webMethods.caf.msg.msgutil.BrokerServerUtil.search(BrokerServerUtil.java:297)
at com.webMethods.caf.msg.serversearchresults.ServerSearchResultsDefaultviewView.getSearchResult(ServerSearchResultsDefaultviewView.java:127)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1089.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:261)
at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:143)
at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELResolver.java:73)
at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:138)
at com.sun.el.parser.AstEmpty.getValue(AstEmpty.java:62)
at com.sun.el.parser.AstNot.getValue(AstNot.java:59)
at com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:206)

And below wrror in broker log file.

='com.webMethods.messaging.tools.API.core.MessagingToolException: Error: Cannot get a valid connection to the Broker Server "vms014.ccs.nl".
&#x2028 at com.webMethods.messaging.tools.API.broker.resourceobjects.MessageServerResourceObject.getServerDescription(MessageServerResourceObject.java:2336)
&#x2028 at com.webMethods.caf.msg.msgutil.BrokerAPI.getBrokerList(BrokerAPI.java:116)
&#x2028 at com.webMethods.caf.msg.brokerslistsearchresult.BrokersListSearchResultDefaultviewView.getBrokerList(BrokersListSearchResultDefaultviewView.java:220)
&#x2028 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
&#x2028 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
&#x2028 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
&#x2028 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
&#x2028 at javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:261)
&#x2028 at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:143)
&#x2028 at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELResolver.java:73)

Regards,
Anil kumar Ellendula

Hi Anil,

Any chance that Broker Server is down at the time you were trying to view the Broker list?

I got the same error when trying to click the Brokers tab while the Broker Server is down.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Meann

Hi Meann,

Broker server is not down at that time, i also confused and check the broker server and it is not down,in IS Console Messaging–>Broker Configuration–>Broker Settings properties broker Connected property is YES.

i donot know why am getting this error, this error am getting sometimes in MWS Console, when i get this error am restarting broker server than it is resolving the problem.

Regards,
Anil Kumar ellendula

I’ve also had this and after some investigations concluded that it was because the MessagingToolWebSession within the MWS session had been closed. Logging out and back in again didn’t resolve it but restarting MWS did.

Hi,

We have the same error, we are suspecting the use of Firefox 5, we only reproduced it with this version.

Which navigator and version are you using ?

Marc