Getting access to database

Hi,

while trying to get access to an external database with webMethods Designer, RecoverJointTimers throws an ISRuntimeException that says the system is unable to connect to database. But if i navigate to “Preferences > Software AG > Process Development > Process Audit Database” to test the connectivity, i can successfully connect to the database. (With both, selecting “Use database parameters” and “Use IS JDBC pool parameters”. What are the main differences between this variants btw?)

Furthermore a checkDBSQL error is thrown by java.sql.SQLException. The system says there’re invalid object names ‘PRTTIMERENTRY’ and ‘WMGENERATIONRECEIPT’. What does it mean? (I only use one quite simple sql query btw) Can the connection problem result from this sql error? Because the system advises me to check the database connectivity in my preferences…

Thank you for your answers!

Designer needs direct connection to database to store some information.
The default way to get the connection URL is connecting to IS and get the JDBC pool definition from it, however since many times for development environments the database is on the same machine, the URL use to give “localhost” as database host.

Localhost for your remote Designer workstation is not the real address for the database, and thus giving error.

To avoid having to reconfigure IS pool, an alternate way to configure this pool is given to designer.

If using IS definition works for you, ignore the other choice.

As opposite if IS definition does not resolve or points to localhost, then use the second option.

For the other issue, might you give more details in what SQL you are talking about?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.