Generating xml schema from the wM document or wM schema

How can I extract the xml schema from the IS schema or document?

We have the document prepared from the xml schema.
For eg:
schema → schema_doc_XXX
document–> doc_XXX

But now we are not finding the original schema that was used to prepare the above IS (Schema+doc)
How can we get the original schema that is used to create the above documents back. I want the original schema which gets validated by xmlspy, so that I can add new elements to this schema and generate the document again.

Is there any way to do this?

Hello…

You can use pub.schema:createXSD to get the XML Schema from a IS document.

Hope this helps.

Anitha.

At pub.schema:createXSD, how to set the input parameter ‘name’ for the IS document?
Thanks!

Just copy the IS doc and set it as a input paramater to the name variable… basically name takes a fully qualified IS doc name for which you want to generate the xsd…

Hope this helps.
Anitha.

The built-in service pub.schema:createXSD will generate a XML schema (XSD) from an IS document type, specification or service, but it will not create an XSD from an IS schema.

I don’t know of a way to do what you want.

Mark

how to specify IS doc type in input parameter

thanks
gomathi

Provide Fully qualified name of the IS Doc in the input (exp pack.folder:docTypeName)

Please note: createXSD will auto-generate an XSD for a given IS document type. It will not give you the exact original schema that was used to create that document, which is what the original poster was apparently seeking.

• Percio