FTP Client in Java, IS denies access

Hi,

Im writing a small FTP client in java to talk to webMethods. My Client is based on the jakarta commons net and Im using the FTPClient class.
I can connect to the FTP port and even list directory content, but when I try to store a file I receive an error from the integration server. Im using a TCPmon to debug the communication.

I have following flow for my ftp commands on the server (Log in, list, change directory and store file):

220 AC49116649:6021 FTP server (webMethods Integration Server version 6.5) ready.
331 Password required for thomas.
230 User thomas logged in.
250 CWD command successful.
215 UNIX Type: L8 Version: webMethods IS FTP version 6.5
200 PORT command successful.
150 ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls (127.0.0.1,1232).
226 ASCII transfer complete.
200 MODE command successful.
200 Type set to I.
227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,4,209)
553 ‘sample.txt’: cannot write.
221 Goodbye.

As you can see on line with error 553. It says access denied and I cannot write the file. Logged in as Administrator with all rights.

Im using a so-called storeFile method from the jakarta library. Any hint why access is denied?

When I test this same client with a “normal” ftp server, it works fine and stores the file.

Bye
Thomas

Integration Server isn’t a “normal” FTP server. It doesn’t store files to disk. Rather, it invokes a service, passing the file contents to the service in memory. The service that is invoked must have its ACL set appropriately to allow the logged in user to execute the service. Refer to the description in the XML Services Developer’s Guide for how to FTP a file to an IS service. This doc can be found in your Developer directory under docs/guides.