Flat files without record-ids

Hi.

I am trying to convert a flat file into a record structure, using the procedure as described in the EDI Core Component Guide

1. Create XML template
  2. stringToDocument (XML structure → Document)
  3. documenttoRecord (Document → idata object)
  4. convertToValues (format the idata object in proper flat file format)

The flat file has 4 different segment types, but no segment id’s.

The result is that the file segments are unrecognized + classified as “unDefData”.

Is it possible to convert the file into an idata object, or do i have to somehow add segment id’s to the relevant lines?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

if the file consists of 4 different segements which can repeat why you don’t have segement-IDs? What you can also do is define only one segment like this:

then you will have all records in a list (but of course not sorted according to segments. Let me know if you need more help.

Regards,
Gunter

Hi Gunter,

I am facing problem with the EDI parser.

I am calling

stringToDocument
documentToRecord
convertToValues

after creating EDIValues, it is alsor initializing ‘unDefData’ which causes an error in parsing.

Please find the xmlTemplate I am using for the EDI856 file

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Srinivas
mail: smudiraj@optum.com
srinivas.mudiraj@patni.com

<?xml version="1.0"?> | * ISA GS ST, GE IEA ST BSN DTM HL, CTT SE HL SN1 DTM TD1 TD4 TD5 N1 N2 N3 N4 PRF REF, CLD, CLD REF,

Hi
I mapped all the fields in EDI856 doc . i am getting fields from Database , finally i have to fill SE01 segment as well how can i calculate total no. of segments populated in EDI856 doc to put that value into the SE01 segment, as values are coming from database i can’t hardcode it as, it is changing at runtime.

Please help me out
Unnati yadav

The SE01 field is the total # of segments (not fields) from ST to SE.

This value is filled in automatically by the service wm.b2b.edi:convertToString. Just make sure that you do not specify a value for this field on the input IData.