Filename to database urgent

Hi,

I’m working on webMethods6.1 version.
I’am trying to insert filenames into databse, my filename is(OLOA_F23456_dat_19042005__1830_OLOA2EDIS.DAT).
Using tokenizer service i have tokenize the filename with delim as ‘_’
The output of the tokenizer service is stringlist.
Using insert service i’m trying to insert those tokens in the table.
but it was not happening.
can anyone help me on this .

thanks,
RKK

RKK

when you say it is not happening, tell us what exactly is happening.

Your explanation is not enough to help

Thahir

Hi Thahir,

Using tokenizer service i have tokenize the filename with delim as ‘_’
The output of the tokenizer service is stringlist.
the filename is which are converted into tokens are below.

OLOA
F23456
dat
OLOA2EDIS.DAT

i need to insert these tokens into oracle table, the table consist of 6 columns, to insert all the 6 tokens.
Scanforfiles is the java service which I have written to scan for files in a directory and retrives the file n displays.
To tokenize the file I used tokenize service and the delim is ‘_’ and the output is as valuelist which is in a stringlist.

can u plz tell me the steps to insert these tokens.

thanks
RKK

RKK,

Use Loop step and In-Array(stringlist)and map the each iteration to insert service (6tokens) which will accomplish.

BTW what error you are getting?

HTH,
RMG

check the 6 datatypes in the DB and make sure you are inserting that data type only and if any conversion is needed.

RKK

These tokens are just strings. To really simplify things you could put a map step and map the string list to six seperate variables. Then call the jdbc insert step to insert them.

What problems do you face in inseting them

Thahir

RKK,

Please follow the above standard mapping logic and let us know if still problem persists.

Its just straight forward…

HTH,
RMG

Hi Thahir & RMG,

find the attachment of the image of my mapping.
i tried in many ways, initially 2 file tokens (i.e, 1 file contains 6 tokens) inserted in the table. when i deleted and commited the table and tried to insert but only 1 file token was inserted.
when iam trying to map from string list to other variables i used indexing for the map.
iam sending the image. plz see n tell me if there are any thing to be changed.

thanks,
RKK

Rkk,

Did you uploaded the image of your flow?Do it again.

“when i deleted and commited the table and tried to insert but only 1 file token was inserted”

But still confused with your above comments.please be in detail.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG & Thahir,

Thanks for the help.
I inserted all the tokens in the oracle table.
only mistake i have done is i have kept the loop on the tokens which shoul’nt be done.
the loop should be on the incomming files.

thanks,
RKK

Gald to know you have resolved.