File Poll Flow Service in 60

How to setup a file poll flow service in 6.0?. Do we need any adapters installed to do this? Newbie to 6.0.

Thanks,
Muru.

Configure a file poll listener from the ADMIN screen. You don’t need any adapter in 6.0.

The documentation on file polling listeners can be found in the wM IS Administrators Guide, in the section about Configuring Ports (pg. 74 in the 6.0.1 version).

There’s also a whole section about different ways to receive a flat file in the documentation for the WmFlatFile package, if you’re using that package.

Thanks Guys its working now. I am wondering, when it moves the file from Monitoring Directory to Completion Directory it adds "FilePolling.NNNNN.“Original Filename”. How its getting that 5 digit number?. Adding Datetime Stamp is kind of nice?.

Thanks,
Muru.

Hi,

I was searching for content on file polling. I got the information regarding file polling on an IS (configuring a file polling port etc.). But my requirement is to poll another server which is an exclusive FTP server (IS is not there on this server). So how can I poll that FTP server from my IS (webMethods IS is on one machine and the files to be ftpied are on another machine). Kindly anyone let me know the process.

Thanks,
Kumar

Kumar,

Try using the pub.client.ftp:get and put services to retrieve file from oneserver and put on the target server using this you can accomplish the task.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi RMG,

Thanks for your response. But can I configure a file polling port on an FTP server which doesn’t have webMethods ? Here an exclusive FTP server is used to place .dat files as well as to retrieve the files. webMethods has to pick up the files by polling the FTP server and then inserting them in another system’s database. Normally if we want to poll on wm system directories, we can configure a file polling port. But here the requirement is to poll a different server (Unix FTP server). So how can I go ahead for polling / scheduling notifications ? Once I come to know that a file is placed, then I can use the service pub.client.ftp:get service. Please help.

Thanks,
Kumar

Hi Kumar,
I suppose you cant create a file poll on a unix server. But you can do one thing. Use FTP services in pub.clinet.ftp folder to get the files from the FTP server to a IS directory and create a file poll on that directory. The services which gets the files from the FTP server can be a run as a scheduler job picking up data from the server every time interval you specify there.

Regards,
Pradeep.

Kumar,

As pradeep mentioned above this is one of the better and easier approach for file transfers from remote machine to another machine.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi Pradeep and RMG,

I will try it… thanks. Actually once they are picked up from FTP server, there is no need of polling again on IS as per my requirement. Polling was intended to check the arrival of files on FTP server so that they can be fetched immediately. Anyway, I will try to schedule ftp service.

Thanks,
Anil

Hi Pradeep and RMG,

I will try it… thanks. Actually once they are picked up from FTP server, there is no need of polling again on IS as per my requirement. Polling was intended to check the arrival of files on FTP server so that they can be fetched immediately. Anyway, I will try to schedule ftp service.

Thanks,
Kumar