Failed to start database 'embedded'

I need a BIG help from all the experts here.

My company is using webMethod Developer ver 8.2.2 & webMethod Integration Server ver 8.2.1
I’m facing one BIG issue now, all my Scheduled Jobs are gone from the Scheduler and i not able re-create all the Schedule Jobs anymore. No more automation now.

I have received an Error Message “SGT [ISS.0137.0011E] Scheduler: Exception: Failed to start database ‘embedded’, see the next exception for details.”. I had checked into Server Log file and noticed that before this incident happened there was another Error Message “SGT [ISS.0137.0011E] Scheduler: Exception: Database ‘embedded’ shutdown.”

I had tried restarted all the services and as well my Physical Server, but the same error still persist. What i can do now to solve this problem? I have logged to SoftwareAG support team but then been informed that webMethods version 8.2 has reached the End Of Sustained Support phase on June 30th, 2015 :? :? :? :? :?

I’m urge for help from all the experts here… look forward and very appreciate the help.

Nicolaz,

Please check this Empower article and seems your Embedded DB connection stopped working…

Verify these steps and make sure the JDBC Pool’s page connection is working or not and restart the IS.

https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=098319-1812663&DSN=PIVOTAL&DST=TCD&HL=1&QUERY=Failed|start|database|embedded&SessionID=483277411

HTH,
RMG

Hi, Please follow the steps in the empower link shared by RMG, share us your experience on this.

Thanks,

Hi RMG & MR as173d,

Thanks very much both of your valuable prompt feedback, just came back to work after long holiday.

I have followed the steps and tried until:-

? Stop IS
? Delete IntegrationServer\config\backup\jdbc
? Delete IntegrationServer\config\jdbc (make a backup first)
? Delete IntegrationServer\db
? Delete IntegrationServer\DocumentStore
? Delete IntegrationServer\WmRepository4
? Start IS and wait till it has started
? Stop IS

But then i got some confuse when come to below restore steps. Where to get the below restoring files?
Is that from the “IntegrationServer\config\jdbc (make a backup first)” that asked to backup before DELETE?
And the restoring folder path below (mentioned in the link article) seem wrong? Is that should be restore back to “IntegrationServer\config\jdbc”?? Need the further advice, sorry for that.

? Restore IntegrationServer\jdbc\functional
? Restore IntegrationServer\jdbc\driver

Hello – These are the answers for your questions:

Take a backup of files under “IntegrationServer\config\jdbc” File System and then go for Delete.

Restore IntegrationServer\jdbc\functional – Don’t touch these files, will see later what to do with these
Restore IntegrationServer\jdbc\driver – Don’t touch these files, will see later what to do with these

Thanks,

Hi MR,

Brilliant!!! The issue has been solved!!!

But slightly change i tried and it works.

? Stop IS
? Delete IntegrationServer\config\jdbc (make a backup first) **
? Delete IntegrationServer\DocumentStore
? Delete IntegrationServer\WmRepository4
? Start IS and wait till it has started
? Stop IS
? Restore IntegrationServer\config\jdbc\function from the backup make on above **
(Above highlighted in red i have changed from “IntegrationServer\jdbc\functional” mentioned in the Article)
? Start IS
? Stop IS
? Restore IntegrationServer\config\jdbc\driver from the backup make on above **
(Above highlighted in red i have changed from “IntegrationServer\jdbc\driver” mentioned in the Article)
? Start IS
? Recreate the JDBC pools and reassign to functional aliases (I think this not required, because for me I not do anything on this)

After all above steps have been done then the embedded database will automatically recreate into IntegrationServer\db and then i can now(and have to) recreate all the scheduler jobs again.

Thanks very much of the helps giving here and hopefully can help to others who still using the Integration Server ver 8.2.

Glad to hear. Great.

Thanks,