Error uploading microservice: "Config file does not .json extension."

Hi,

I’m not able to deploy my microservice. All the time I try I get this error message.
grafik

I have the feeling that have something todo with the cumulocity.json. The file has the ending json and looks like this:

{
  "apiVersion": "1",
  "version": "@project.version@",
  "provider": {
    "name": "Cumulocity"
  },
  "name": "workpiece2-microservice",
  "contextPath": "workpiece2",
  "isolation": "MULTI_TENANT",
  "requiredRoles": [
    "ROLE_INVENTORY_READ",
    "ROLE_INVENTORY_ADMIN",
    "ROLE_EVENT_READ",
    "ROLE_EVENT_ADMIN",
    "ROLE_AUDIT_ADMIN",
    "ROLE_OPTION_MANAGEMENT_READ"
  ],
  "requestedResources":{
    "memory": "1Gi"
  },
  "key": "workpiece2-microservice-key"
}

The error message not really helpful. I try a lot but don’t know what’s wrong.

Cumulocity IoT allows you to extend the platform API with customer-specific functionality by deploying microservices. Technically, microservices are Docker containers hosted by Cumulocity IoT and they follow specific conventions. When building the microservice container image with Docker version 25 it could happen that the microservice upload failed with the following error: config file does not .json extension. This issue is now fixed.

CD - 1020.383.0
2024 - 1018.540.125
10.18 - 1018.0.414
10.17 - 1017.0.521

1 Like

I don’t know what all this numbers means:

This issue is now fixed.
CD - 1020.383.0
2024 - 1018.540.125
10.18 - 1018.0.414
10.17 - 1017.0.521

I can say I my microserver uses all c8y dependencies in version 1020.104.0.

They are the version numbers of cumulocity. If, in your tenant, you click the circle at the top right of the screen you will be able to ‘Download platform details’ and the resulting json file will contain backend version info. Sounds like you are on 1020 version.

Ok, I downloaded it and I see my backend version is:
Backend: 1020.296.0

Means I have to wait until this bug get fixed on the tenant I’m working on?

Or use version of docker in build < 25.

I setup a new subsystem on my windows machine with ubuntu and install there the last version of docker 24.x. After many other stuggle I build the zip and now its possible to upload the file. Super frustrating process and very unusual to downgrade docker to build a image. Especial very frustrating with this meaningless error message. This is a really unnecessary waste of time and resources :expressionless: