Error parsing the XQL query!

Hi, i have some data which has characters like

1. [ ’ ]
* i can’t make a query on the name which has this character. It complaints to me when i try to do so. The following are the msgs displayed

<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXIE8320”>Error parsing the XQL query</ino:messagetext>
ino:messagelineUnexpected token , found, expected was ]</ino:messageline>

eg: 2,6,2’,4’-Tetrahydroxy–6’-methoxychalcone ()

2. [ < ]
3. [ > ]
* System disallow me to upload the xml files which has the characters above into collection.

Msgs displayed:-
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXPE8710”>Invalid token found or document incomplete</ino:messagetext>
ino:messagelineLine 1256, Column 30: Invalid token found or document incomplete</ino:messageline>

eg: Strophanthidin-Beta-D–glucosyl-(1->4)-beta–D-digitaloside (
)

There are special characters like (>,<,&,‘,") in XML specification which must be specified in special way (Please see 2.4 Character Data and Markup in http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#charsets)

UPLOAD:
Enclosed file contains an example schema and data with these characters.
QUERY:
At this point the query specification depends on from you are doing the query.
In my example, to retrieve all the documents with & you must use:

From MS-Internet Explorer I only know one way that is using the hexadecimal code preceded with %: ]http://host/tamino/db/coll?_xql=specialchars[character=’%26’]

From TaminoInteractiveInterface you must use the same way that uploading: specialchars[charecter=‘&’] or specialchars[charecter=‘&’] or specialchars[charecter=‘&’]

I hope this help you

[This message was edited by Juanjo on 11 Oct 2002 at 09:55.]
specialchars.zip (1.02 KB)

:eek:Oops, after my post I have seen that the codes I put have been translated into the & symbol.
I will try to write them in other way:
The queries from TaminoInteractiveInterface are:
specialchars[charecter=‘& amp ;’]
or
specialchars[charecter=‘& # x26 ;’]
or
specialchars[charecter=‘& # 38 ;’]

(please, ignore the spaces inside the quotes).

Hi,

Many thanz for ur reply. I’ve succesfully insert the character like < > into tamino by changing < to < and remain > as it is. It works well when i tried to query it from Interactive interface, it gives me with the exact result. But when i used the API to retrieve the value, it returns me with the following result:-

> was changed to [& lt ;] whereas
< was changed to < [& gt ;]
Did u encountered this problem before?

Thanks.

Rgds,
Calvin

What API are you using ?
Could you post your code ?
Regards

I have resolved the issue by adding java codes to recognize the character codes returned and replace it with actual character. I think that’s the best way to resolve it.

eg : > recognized as > …

Thanks for your concern.

Rgds,
Calvin

By the way, if i would want to search a record by keyword for non alphabetic or numeric characters. I’ve tried query it using
[MOL_NAME~=‘>’] or [MOL_NAME~=‘>’] it couldn’t be recognized. Any solution to these characters? Thanks…

FYI, the maximum length for a query is 64 characters.

Rgds,
Calvin

By the way, if i would want to search a record by keyword for non alphabetic or numeric characters. I’ve tried query it using
[MOL_NAME~=‘>’] or [MOL_NAME~=‘& gt ;’] it couldn’t be recognized. Any solution to these characters? Thanks…

FYI, the maximum length for a query is 64 characters.

Rgds,
Calvin