Error HAAXJE8415 after Windows updates

Can anyone helps with the following problem that appears to have started after I updated the IIS webserver with some windows hotfixes - This is for an IIS5 based website that stores its content in Tamino 3.1.2.1. I can post any other details as required - just not sure what might be useful?

Tamino and Web servers are both Win2K with IE5

THERE WAS AN ERROR IN THE DOCUMENT: XMLUPDATEANY:TOPICINFO.
COULD NOT ADD THIS XML DOCUMENT INTO THE TAMINO DATABASE.

REPLY: PROCESSING DOCUMENT INTO TAMINO - 8415. STATUS: HAAXJE8415 EXCEPTION OCCURRED. PROCESS.CPP,71: COLEDISPATCHEXCEPTION IN CXMLHTTPREQUEST[0X3], CODE=0X0"

I think that the exception is saying that the IXMLHTTPRequest->getResponseHeader() method failed.

Would I be right in thinking that you are using the TaminoX ActiveX control from within IIS (i.e. a server based environment)? Do you use a TaminoX->UseServerHTTP() call just before the Initialize() call? It just might be possible that this may resolve the issue.

Yes - this is using the Active X component from within IIS, but I need to check whether it is doing a call as you suggest. It has worked for 2 years however so I am not sure why it would suddenly stop…?

It might possibly be due to the changed DLLs.
You probably have a newer MSXML?

We have uninstalled a Windows update to MSXML that appears to have resolved the issue, but in response to your earlier question, we did appear to have this sequence in the code:

Set TaminoX = Server.CreateObject(“TAMINOX.TaminoX1”)
TaminoX.UseServerHTTP(2)
TaminoX.Initialize()

but the page appeared to blow up further down the page when it did this:

Set lDoc = TaminoX.Process(root, “”)
inoReply = TaminoX.GetErrorStatus(inoStatus)