Error getting while Importing Partner profile from 6.5 to 7.1

We would like to import partner profile of 6.5 version into 7.1 thru TN Console. While importing in 7.1 I got below error.

Error Loading selected file.

Check that file exists and Readable.

Whereas same import is successfully done on 6.5 other server without any issue.
We can manually create partner profiles thru MWS but it is time consuming as we have around 200 profiles.

Can anyone inform the procedure to import partner profile from 6.5 to 7.1 thru TN Console?
Thanks in Advance.

baluk,

Please note that import/export uitlity from TN console will not serve migration from one release to another. It should be used for promotion of the data from instance to other of the same version.

For moving the data from one release to another, please refer to our Upgrade documentation of Advantage site. Follow all the steps in the document to migrate data from one release to another

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for your information. I couldn’t find Upgrade documentation of Trading Networks from 6.5 to 7.1. I could see only “webMethods_Trading_Networks_Upgrading_from_6_0_1_or_6_1_to_6_5” on advantage site.

Can you please let me know if you have any alternate procedure. Main problem is along with profile creation I need to upload certificates also, Is there anyway to download certificates that are uploaded to TN?

Thanks
Balu

Basically you cannot directly export/import objects from 6.5 to 7.1.x but you need to upgrade.

Follow the webMethods Upgrade Guide 7.1.pdf – Look in the section ‘Migrating 6.5 webMethods Products to webMethods Product Suite 7.1’ from the Advantage site Upgrade Documentation/Cross-Product

HTH,
RMG

Hello,

What about Import/Export of the same version (7.1.2) after migration from 6.1?

I understand the situation where some might think export from 6.x can be import into 7.x works but infact don’t.

Does anyone ever have a smooth import or even with WmDeployer? This task with TN seems to be always pain in the butt.

So far upgrade and migrate TN database (MSSQL) from 6.1 into 7.1.2 went OK, and when trying to export/import to another instance of 7.1.2 (Oracle) failed with NullPointerException.

The following fixes are already applied.

IS_7-1-2_Core_Fix7
TNS_7-1-2_Partner_Fix1
TNS_7-1-2_DB_Fix2

Cheers,