Error during API.php! domxml_open_mem() function undefined..

Hi to everyone that replied me!But please its just not working.I followed all the instructions but still I get this error Fatal error: Call to undefined function: domxml_open_mem() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\TaminoAPI.php .I have WIN XP,apache 2.I was able to query thru TIInterface though.But each time I try the example01.php it gives this error.I unzipped the taminoapi.php to this location C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs.
Please give me a detailed answer so that I can progress in what Im doing.
Thank you
Kay

Arsenal are the best!

Hello Kay,

this still seems like you don’t have the PHP with the DOM XML extension set up properly and this does not look like a problem with the PHP Tamino API itself.

Make sure that you are using PHP4, that the php.ini file is set up so that the DOM XML extension is used and make sure that all the required DLLs are in the path.

Then to test that everything worked ok, create a PHP script which has the following contents:

<?php phpInfo(); ?>

And then call that file. You should get an overview of you current installation and if all worked ok, then you should find a section with the title “domxml” and a line where it says “DOM/XML” and “enabled”.

Please check that and if you don’t find that, then your PHP is not configured correctly.

regards,
Heiko Weber

Thanks a lot Heiko!Could u please send me a link or a guideline to install this please.I followed properly what I found here and what I found on the net.Unfortuntely it doesnt work. If you could send me the procedure from A-Z how to install it.Maybe it would be solved.
I have Apache 2.0 and PHP4.
Remember when u unzip the installation file to c:\php …you dont automatically get the php.ini file in the windows directory. I had to install the exe file to have php.ini in the windows dir.
Thanks a lot Heiko.
I didnt see any DomXml even though I followed the steps I found here.Maybe yours could work.
Thanks
Kay

Arsenal are the best!

This is the setup I used.
1) download the PHP-Win32 binary installation from www.php.net
2) download the PHP-Win32 ZIP package that contains all dll’s , extensions, APIs and stuff from www.php.net
3) Install PHP binary to c:\PHP
4) unzip the ZIP package to c:\PHP (you should see more subdirectories now)
4a) add the following lines to your Apache httpd.conf file:
LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
The c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll was contained in the PHP Win32 ZIP file that you extracted in step 2
5) open php.ini in C:\WINDOWS
6) in php.ini locate the extension path and change the line extension_dir = “./” to
extension_dir = “C:\PHP\extensions”
7) in php.ini locate the line ;extension=php_domxml.dll and remove the ; sign
8) copy iconv.dll from c:\php\dlls to c:\windows\system32
9) download domxml.zip from http://www.firepages.com.au/public/domxml.zip
10) copy the libxml2.dll from domxml.zip to c:\windows\system32
11) The php_domxml.dll should already exist in your c:\php\extensions directory (was also contained in PHP Win-32 ZIP file in step 2)
12) stop and restart your Apache / IIS

Kay

Arsenal are the best!