Error connecting with sql server driver

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to test the JDBC driver for SQL Server 2000.

Test of TN Failed
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

I have checked all values a thousand times and everything seems correct. I dont know what else to try.

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much.

Hi Javier,

Have you placed the SQL jar files in IS??

Regards,
Sunil Kumar N

Yes, the correct files are in:
D:\Program Files\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\lib\jars

3 files:
msbase.jar
mssqlserver.jar
msutil.jar

The version of wm is 6.1.x-6.2.x

Hi Javier,

Have you checked if the firewall is enabled? If so, the firewall may have block the connection to the DB. Please try to disable the firewall and perform the test again.

Besides that, the 3 MS jar files might be corrupted. Can you also try to replace the 3 files if disabling the firewall doesn’t work.

Thanks,
Sean

For the IS-internal DB things you should use the provided DataDirect drivers, for which no additional jars need to be placed anywhere.

The screenshot does not show the JDBC parameters, can you provide those as text in the forum?

Hi Javier,

IN IS admin page | Settings | JDBC Pool, you can setup up your JDBC data direct connections to the relavant database such as DB2, oracle, SQL as well as embedded Database driver.

Thanks,
William

Hi,

In addition to what others had suggested, if still didnt work, you may want to check from the SQL Server Configuration Manager if the TCP/IP is enabled.

If it is, kindly check if the TCP Port is set to the default value 1433 or what ever that port is you are using.

All the best,
MAC