Error connecting to SAP R3

Hi all,

I get the following error after configuring connection to a SAP Server (server name = CTP-AK0290) and when i tested the connection.

My Environment is as follows:
Windows 2000
webMethods 6.0
SAP Adapter 4.6

The error returned when i tested the connection is follows:

Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM GWHOST=CTP-AK0290, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=CTP-AK0290, SYSNR=00 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host ERROR partner not reached (host CTP-AK0290, service 3300) TIME Wed Apr 16 17:15:57 2003 RELEASE 46D COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 34 RC -10 MODULE ninti.c LINE 1001 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SO_ERROR ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 21

Could someone help me what to do to resolve the above problem?

Thanks.

Hi, Shahul.

The very last line of your error message says “Connection refused”. To me, that means that you have properly set your connnection parameters but something else was amiss.

Look in your SAP documentation for error code 10061 and see what it tells you. That will help you pinpoint the exact issue.

Good luck.

I think of the codes like 10061 as being TCP/IP error code. I’m not sure if that is technically accurate or not. However, you might want to look at [url=“Technical documentation | Microsoft Learn”]Technical documentation | Microsoft Learn
That page describes a 10061 (WSAECONNREFUSED) Connection refused.
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application running.

Connection refused: machine was found but nothing listening at the port you connected to. So either the application is not running or you specified the wrong port.

Hi,
In my case the connection establishes successfully.
The environment i have is
Windows 2003
webMethods 6.1
SAP Adapter 4.6
The issue i have is that When SAP connection goes goes down, how to get the notification about it.
What i have done is that, written a service (schedule to run every 5 minutes) which checks the result of the built in service “pub.sap.client:Connect”
and send the notification if the result is != ok

Is this the right way to check the status of SAP connection with IS.?

Thanks,
Khalil.

hai

i am new to webMethods.I did SAP Adapter Configuration but i don’t know how to get data from SAP Systems.

thanks in advance.
syam

Mutta

You need to give more information before we can help you.

Please read the SAPR3AdapterUsersGuide and SAPR3InstallationGuide pdf’s properly, and use the search functionality inside this site. You may find the answer yourself

HTH