ERROR-065

Hello,
Just a little background. I have been working on the mainframe Z/os for too many years, so I know jcl and files.
Do to the untimly death of our Adabas DBA. I have been pull into the roll of Adabas DBA.

So far I have been able to figure out most of his jobs and the documentation has been as well as expected.

The reason of this thread is that I am trying to do a ADASAV RESTONL and it is blowing up.

We have three databases that we move from production to the sandbox for the developers to play.
Two of the three have ran with issue.(no run, no fouls, no errors).
The third one I am getting this ERROR-65.

The ADARUN DBID IS 104
BUT THE GCB CONTAINS DBID 63.

The DBID is 104, I don’t know where the GCB is getting DBID of 63.
The backup is just like the other two Databases and the RESTONL is just like the other two databases. The diffrence being the DB number.

If you need more information please ask. I will provide any and I can.

Steve

Re-check your JCL. It appears that you are pointing to the ASSO (where the GCB resides) for DB 63. Check DATA while you’re at it.

Hello Ralph,

Should I start with an empty asso, data and work file?
Maybe just an empty asso file?

Steve

No. As a rule the only time you point to empty datasets is when creating a new database.

When you execute Adabas, such as for your ADASAV utility, you must point to a set of container files in which the data resides. Look closely at the JCL for the two databases that are working properly. They will be pointing to specific datasets (ASSO, DATA, etc) matching the DBID value in the ADARUN parameters. For DBID 104, you appear to be pointing to datasets for DBID 63.

Ralph,
I am going to make a rash assumption, I should be able to run the restore over and over again. It will just overlay what is currently in the database. Right??

Steve

Right.

Practice makes perfect.