EntireX 8.2 Segmentation fault on startup

Good day

We are getting the following error if we try to start the etbnuc via etbstart…:

Segmentation Fault - core dumped

We have done a cold boot of our servers to cancel out caching values and memory issues.

Can you maybe show us in which direction we can go to find what is the matter.

Thanks
Werner

Please open a support request with Software AG Empower.

Ensure to have the latest 8.2.2 Fix 69 installed. If the problem still exists, please upgrade to a supported version.

We will do that as well.

Context:
The service was down for maintenance. Everything started up as per normal and was working fine. On SUNDAY we had an unexpected power failure which resulted in machines going down without proper shutdown. The machine was brought up and since then it started doing this. We did a power cycle, same thing.

However we did shutdown the server fully, pulled out the power cable in order for the system to fully release any cache. Waited for a few minutes and brought the server everything started up included adabas and the buffer pool no errors there.

I can start the EntireX admin server no problem, but as soon as I want to start the etbnuc it gives me this error… and I have no idea what is meant by ‘Segmentation Fault’. It then throws a core dump.

2 years ago we had the same issue and it magically start to work again - I think after a reboot, but this time no such luck.

Hi,

please note that Solaris 10 is EOL quite some time now.
You should consider upgrading to Solaris 11.4, which is the current latest supported version.

Remember, that Oracle will stop support for Solaris totally by end of 2035 latest.

Regards,
Holger