EmpytNull soapResponseData returned with soap fault

Hello.

I am using pub.client:soapRPC to invoke an (Axis)web-service on a weblogic server.

In a soapStatus=1 (fault) scenario, I’m not getting back the soapResponseData in the pipeline. I do see the soapStatus(=1) variable in the pipeline though. My colleague on the weblogic side used the tcp monitor and it shows that he is sending a soap env back with the appropriate fault message.

=====================================================================================
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:57:27 GMT

Server: WebLogic Server 8.1 SP3 Tue Jun 29 23:11:19 PDT 2004 404973

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

Connection: Close

<?xml>

<soapenv:envelope>

<soapenv:body>

<soapenv:fault>

<faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode>

<faultstring>java.rmi.RemoteException: An unrecoverable error occurred. Error in ejbCreate:; nested exception is:

javax.ejb.CreateException: Unable to resolve ‘com.xxx.jms.queue.Transaction’ Resolved com.xxx.jms.queuenull</faultstring>

<detail/>

</soapenv:fault>

</soapenv:body>

</soapenv:envelope>

=====================================================================================

I tried the pub.client:soapHttp service (going to a different web service) and I do see a soapResponseData in case of a soap fault.

What am I doing wrong?

I just checked the documentation for IS 6.1 SP1 titled "webMethods Integration Server 6.1 Service Pack 1 Enhancements and Fixes"and it says the following …

1-TP21V (IS_6-1_Fix60, IS_6-0-1_SP3_Fix3)

pub.client:soapRPC service does not return SOAP faults.

The fix released for 1-NXHHQ introduced a bug into the fault processing for the pub.client:soapRPC service. After applying the fix, the Integration Server was unable to retrieve the SOAPFault from the response to the pub.client:soapRPC service. The fix for 1-NXHHQ was included in IS_6-0-1_Fix134, IS_6-0-1_SP3, and IS_6-1_Fix13. This problem affects all Web service connectors that use the SOAP-RPC protocol.

With this fix, the Integration Server is again able to retrieve the SOAPFault from the response to the pub.client:soapRPC service.

However, I have had SP1 installed on my IS server for ages now.

Any ideas anyone?

I am trying to find IS_6-1_Fix60 on the advantage website, to install seperately. Can someone point me to the right place?