EJB Adapter V1.1 with Websphere 4.02

Has anyone used the EJB adapter v1.1 with Integration Server 4.6 to integrate with the websphere 4.02 ?

I am running into problems in the very initial stage of setting up the alias. Will appreciate any inputs. Thanks much.

Muki

Here are further details:

Getting the following error:

message pops up when testing the connection:
“com/ibm/ejs/ras/TraceElement”

The log file has slightly more details:
“2002-03-25 17:39:12 EST java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:com/ibm/ejs/ras/TraceElement”

Here are the bare minimum parameter values:

Alias: WebSphereInt
Description: WebSphere Integration
Initial Context Factory: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory
Provider URL: iiop://rcb0ap05
URL Package Prefixes:
DNS URL:
Authoritative:
Language:
Batch Size:
Object Factories:
Referral:
Security Authentication:
Security Credentials: (encrypted)
Security Principal:
Security Protocol:
JNDI Server Type: WebSphere4

The only suspect entry is the “URL provider” entry with the value “iiop://rcb0a05” which
is the host name but the protocol specified is
IIOP.

If anyone can throw more light on this, it will be
greatly appreicated. Thanks much.

Muki

Here is what I discovered with help from webMethods technical services:

The documentation asks you to include only two files if using websphere 4.0.1. However, you need to add all the files that are listed for “when using websphere 4.0”.

It worked for me when I did this. Just wanted to throw in a few lines if anyone else was going through the same.

Muki

Hi Muki,
Am having a problem working with EJB Adapter 1.1 and Websphere 4.0.

As mentioned in the documentation, I copied all the websphere jar files into the ServerDirectory\lib\jars. After copying these files am not able to start the integration server.

If remove the jar files from the jars directory the IS starts with out problems.

Did you face any problem like this ?

Thanks in advance.

Kamesh.

Make sure you are running IS with IBM JRE(shipped with Websphere).

It will be nice, if you can send the error log, during IS startup

My websphere app server is running on Sun Solaris.
My webMethods IS is running on windows NT. Currently I don’t have access to the JRE version shipped with websphere.

The JRE version what am running on my NT box 1.4.1 which I downloaded from Sun’s site.

Could you please advise me on how to get the right version of the JRE.

Kamesh.

Here is the link:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=499&q=webspher;re+application+Server+4.0.3&uid=swg240;001292&loc=en_US&;&cs=utf-8&l;lang=en

to download the websphere JRE for windows and necessary jar files.

I had downloaded the fix pack from IBM site given in the earlier message and ran the install.bat. As I did not have Websphere on my desktop (Windows NT) I just selected the option to update only JDK giving my current Sun JDK 1.4 installation path.

The documentation states that I need to modify the server.bat to point the new JDK directoty.

Know the question is whether I need to change the JAVA_ROOT or add this directory to the CLASSPATH ?

As documentation said- you need to modify the JAVA_ROOT to point to the jre directory.

Am stuck with a problem with jar files.

I have installed Webshpere Appclient on my Windows NT desktop, created the IBK JDK directory for IBM JDK and then copied all the jars listed in the documentation to the server/lib/jars directory. Modified the server.bat file to have JAVA_ROOT to point to IBM JDK/…

Alias details:

Alias: WebSphereInt
Description: WebSphere Integration
Initial Context Factory: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory
Provider URL: iiop://repulse:900
URL Package Prefixes:
DNS URL:
Authoritative:
Language:
Batch Size:
Object Factories:
Referral:
Security Authentication:
Security Credentials: (encrypted)
Security Principal:
Security Protocol:
JNDI Server Type: WebSphere4

If I have only websphere.jar and ujc.jar the IS starts well. But while testing the alias I get an error

message pops up when testing the connection:
“com/ibm/ejs/ras/TraceElement”

If I copy all the jar files listed for websphere 4.0 in the documentation then the IS is not starting. I don’t see any errors in the log file.

Any suggestions…