EDIINT Send : Error handling [1]

Hi all
We are using EDIINT AS2 for data exchnage with our partners and use UNEDIFACT 96A doc standard. We came across the following issues

1. The “wm.EDIINT:send” service does not have any output parameters. So
    we are unable to determine if a ediint send was sucessfull or not. We
    tried the service with different error conditions and even though an
    exception is thrown at the server console , the “send” flow service
    returns sucessfully, even the “getLastError” service returns nothing.
    We also tried querying TN using the query services for the status of
    EDIINT send message but that is not possible as the “send” service does
    not return the document ID . Actually our business rule requires us to
    update a DB field once data is send sucessfully. Please advice as to
    how to capture errors in send service. The only option with us right now is to modify the send service which is an inbuilt service.

2. In case we are using reliable delivery of data, how to
    programetically figure out whether it was sucessfull or not ? Is there an event we can capture using which we can trigger our own service incase reliable delivery failed ?

3. Another option is to use MDN buthis also requires modification of wm built in service . Is it a good practise ?

Thankx in advance

hi, i believe we might have the same issue. we are doing EDIINT AS2 as well and currently we have no way of capturing send errors programmatically.

i’m having some other issues on AS2. what type of encryption are you using? SSL? tripleDES? how did you set up the partner’s tn profile in regards to encryption?

we are using tripleDES encryption here and we’re not sure if the key that is being used is under the security tab in tn.

i know the sign, encrypt, decrypt and verify tabs are used for SSL but is it also used for tripleDES encryption?

any help would be great

For EDIINT AS2 the Security Tab within the TN Partner Profile needs to be setup. In the sign and decrypt tabs you would assign your security and CA certificates and in the encrypt and verify tabs you would assign your partners security and CA certificates.

The My Enterprise Profile has a sign and decrypt tab that you can use to assign the default security and CA certificates for that particular server and make it the default certificates to be used with all your partners. If you have done this already then all you would need to fill in is the encrypt and verify tabs in your partners profile as the sign and decrypt tabs would automatically have been filled in.

You can look at pages 81-82 & pages 93-95 of the wMTN_BuildingYourNetwork.pdf file. You can find this .pdf file by going to the help menu and selecting Building your Trading Network in the Trading Network Console to find out more information on the security tabs.

The EDIINT services use the information found in the security tab of the partner profiles to encrypt, decrypt, sign, verify as well as the alogorithm to use for the documents being traded.

Hope this information helps.