Document Gateway Service while routing flat filt to TN

Hi,
I was going through TN Concept Guide 7.1, While routing flat file to TN([FONT=Arial Narrow]
Document Gateway Services During Flat File Recognition
[/font]), everything is explained using the document gateway service,
but when i routed flat file to TN , I did not used any service in between and just created document type and proccessing rule on TN and and invoked a service from proccessing rule,

can any one plz tell me what this Document Gateway service is and why it is important.

Thanks in Advance.

The document gateway service adds
“hints” to TN_parms that Trading Networks uses when performing document
recognition for a flat file document.

Cheers,
Vasanth.

When new flat file comes to TN has to be recognized and processed.

1:Documnt type matching
for finish this activity flat file doesn’t contain metadata like XML file.
its our responsibility to provide meta data like who is the sender,receiver,document type.
we are using gateway service to provide all this information to the TN as TN_parms pipeline variable which will be provided by gateway service.
its is our responsiblity to invoke or provide the gateway service to the each and every new falt file(document type).
once you have been defined the Gateway service to specif flat file document make sure that you need to give the gateway service to to the who ever is interested to send this type of flat file to TN inorder to process the file in TN.

Hope this makes sence.
if you stil have any confision on the same please let us know.

Cheers,
Vasanth.

If you have submitted a flat file in TN with out a gateway service, just try and resubmit it from “transaction analysis”. You would find that you are unable to do it. The reason is the TN_PARAMS (parameters to identify document) will not be available.

The gateway service is being used to define these parameters for the FLAT files.

Gateway services should always be used, in my opinion. External callers should never call TN services directly (e.g. never let them call wm.tn:receive).

This old eZine article covers some of the rationale.

[url]wmusers.com

I still most companies uses TN gateway receive services like wm.tn:receive and routeFlatFile svcs that calls by external partners (ACL Anonymous/default etc…it depends on their mutual security understanding)

I see that regularly too and it is a bad practice, IMO.

Yes probably due to custom build takes time…

-RMG