Difference between SoapRPC and SoapMsg

Hi All,

Can any body explain me exact differences between soapRPC and soapMsg and when we would like to develop webservice which method is best.

The “WebServicesDevGuide.PDF” can be found in your developer_install_dir\doc\guides folder. It explains the differences pretty well.

In general, document literal or message-based web services are more interoperable with other soap clients than soap-rpc services. For this reason, most of the web services work I have done for my clients has been message-based.

It is much easier to expose an existing IS flow or java service as a soap-rpc service (in essence you don’t need to do anything). However, if you will be invoking IS flow or java services from other platforms such as .Net, you would probably be wise to create flow services that extract the payload from soap messages sent to the IS server’s soap processor. This approach also gives you more control over the soap message that the client needs to prepare and send.

HTH,

Mark

Hi All,
Can anybody send a complete example(package) for making WSDL using SOAP_MSG protocol and then using WSC to call that service remotely.

What r prerequisites for using SOAP_MSG protocol?
I have gone through ISSoapGuide.pdf and ISWebserviceGuide.pdf but did not get\understand much.

I am using IS6.0.1sp2
Regards,
Puneet Saxena

Puneet Saxena,

Have a look at this sample package. I put it together to examine the java classes produced by Glue and Axis from a WSDL generated from the employeeActionRequest service. The service doesn’t do anything useful, it is just for example purposes.

Mark

WSDLTest sample IS package
WSDLTest.zip (30.6 k)

Thanx Mark !

I will get back to you if i have any cascading issue.

Regards,
Puneet Saxena