Details regarding JMS configuration

Hello All,

I have a system ‘X’ which i can connect via JMS. What all components do i need to configure as part of Integration Server for X in order to receive messages from that ‘X’ System.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

Thanks,

you may start with some reading:
Administering webMethods Integration Server
11 Configuring Integration Server for JMS Messaging
30 Managing JMS Triggers
Using webMethods Integration Server to Build a Client for JMS

There is a list of supported queuing products supported

Hi Tong Wang,

I have a question. I need to integrate IS 1 with IS 2 using JMS connection. Can you please list out the high level steps that needs to be done on both IS 1 and IS 2. we’re using queues to exchange the data.

Your help is much appreciated. I am new to this JMS concept and has limited time to go over the documents. So, any guidance is much helpful. So, basically we need to exchange data using JMS between IS1 and IS2.

Thank you.

You can check for Broker or UM (both available from SAG), dependent on wM Version.
Both can operate as a JMS Provider.

I agree with Tong in his repsonse to “MR as173d”:
Check for the documentation.

For the IS-side you should definitely go for the Build-In-Services for JMS.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you for the response. we definetely do not have license for UM. we only have Broker here.

I see that on both IS 1 and IS 2. there are JMS/JNDI connections configured but when I use pub.jms.send to send some message to a queue and write a trigger on IS 2. Its not getting it.

How can the connection on IS 1 is related to connection on IS 2. Do we need to configure anything so that both connections use same alias? or same binding file?

Let me know. As suggested, I will read the documentation.

Thanks,
Kumar.

Hi Kumar,

Broker will do.

You will have to configure the JNDI-/JMS-Connectivity on both IS so that both of them can access the shared queues on the broker.

The bindings-files do not need to be identical (but this will ease the configuration), but they both need to contain the shared queues.

Are the IS1 and IS2 on the same machine?
If yes, you can place the bindings-file in a shared directory outside of the installations.

For Broker I currently prefer JMSNaming (which will only work with broker jms). This is stored in ther Broker-Storage and can be accessed from both ISes.

If there are further issues, please share some more details how you have the JNDI-/JMS-Connectivity currently configured.

Regards,
Holger