Deployment of BPM - Issue with BPM target group

Hello Team,

I am actually deploying my first process from DEV to our QA environment. I have build my process on the DEV environment and can execute it successfully. Then I have set up my remote servers on my DEV Integration Server pointing to the two QA Nodes which are clustered.

Alias Name:TEST_QA_1
host: mycompany.test.com
port: 6666
user:Administrator
Password: manage

Alias Name:Test_QA_2:
hostmycompany2.test.com
port: 6666
user: Administrator
password: manage

Also on WmDesigner package I have created my logical servers. I have replicated these logical servers to the target IS also.

Then in Depployer I have created my BPM(Process Model) servers and tested them successfully.

The problem is when I am creating a BPPM target group with the QA clustered environment. I am getting the below errror

“ProcessModel Target Group Test2 validation failed. Unable to resolve some servers within the cluster TESTISCLUSTER in the group Test2”

In the IS log I can view something like this for both of the remote IS i have set up as remote servers on my DEV IS and as BPM servers on the deployer:

2012-11-13 11:34:50 CAT [DEP.0000.0000E] com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: Error remote invoking service wm.deployer.Plugin.DeployerPlugin2_.connectors:DeployerPlugin2_Ping on system TEST_QA_1: [ISS.0026.9201] Unknown service: wm.deployer.Plugin.DeployerPlugin2_.connectors:DeployerPlugin2_Ping
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.invokeISService(ConnectionUtil.java:373)
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.invokePluginService(ConnectionUtil.java:252)
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.serviceInvoke(ConnectionUtil.java:188)
at com.wm.deployer.plugin.connection.ConnectionUtil.serviceInvoke(ConnectionUtil.java:60)
at wm.deployer.gui.UITargetGroup.testTargetGroup(UITargetGroup.java:3039)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:439)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:643)

Does anyone have issues to deploy BPM to clustered environment ?

Also I want to know if I am setting the remote servers correctly on the IS hosting the Deployer?

Thanking you in advance for your help on this issue.

Kind Regards,
Lutchumaya Karri Veeranna

Hello Guys,

The issue with the BPM target server has been resolved by applying the latest fix from SAG.

But now when I am actually simulating my deployment, I am getting the below error

Errors occurred invoking URL java.net.MalformedURLException: For input string: “null”
2012-11-13 15:55:50 CAT [DEP.0006.1007E] An exception occurred while attempting to process “TESTISCLUSTER”.
Exception details follow: “com.wm.deployer.common.DeployerException: com.wm.deployer.common.DeployerException: [ISC.0036.9101] Not connected to server”.

I am not able to fix this issue, any suggestions please.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Hello Veeranna,

It’ll be of great help to people, if you provide the environment information like webMethods version and OS atleast.

jkhan

As the issue still exist even after having the fix,please contact SAG tech support so they can assist you better way:

BTW,What is the IS version?

Hello Guys,

The version of the IS is 8.2.

The model are deployed to QA. But the IS package that contain the trigger are not.

Kind Regards,

Please check wtiht SAG support on this behaviour they can direct you some fix as there were number of releases happened after the 8.2 base release…the Service Packs and DEP fixes.

HTH,
RMG

Hi Kolo ,

Did you get the fix for this issue.I’m facing same problem even with non-clustered environment.

Hi Veeranna,

Are you using SSL ports(https) for connecting to target server. I have seen this error whenever your url is not able to get resolved. Did you face any connectivity issues(Any unresolved DNS)? Are you facing this only while simulating?

Regards,
Niteesh

Hi All see How i fixed the issue.

In DEV environment

• Open the wmDesigner home page
  • Add a logical server e.g _BPM and point it to your Physical Server Name for DEV IS

Next open Designer and update your dev environment name with with the same name as the logical server you created in the wmDesigner package that is <Company_BPM>.

For example if you were connecting to the DEV IS and in designer you have created the connection as DEV update it to _BPM

Then go to your process and build the project.

In QA environment

• Add a logical server e.g _BPM and point it to your Physical Server Name for QA IS

Use the deployet to then deploy your BPM. All must be well

Kind Regards,

[INDENT]Hi All see How i fixed the issue.

In DEV environment

• Add a logical server e.g _BPM and point it to your Physical Server Name for DEV IS

Next open Designer and update your dev environment name with with the same name as the logical server you created in the wmDesigner package that is <Company_BPM>.

For example if you were connecting to the DEV IS and in designer you have created the connection as DEV update it to _BPM

Then go to your process and build the project.

In QA environment

• Add a logical server e.g _BPM and point it to your Physical Server Name for QA IS

Use the deployet to then deploy your BPM. All must be well

Kind Regards,
Lutchumaya Karri Veeranna [/INDENT]

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.