Deploying widget

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I am trying to edit widget and want to deploy to the application

i could not find any guideline to do this in documentation

can you please help me with the simple deployment scenario for widget customization and deployment

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

You can find a tutorial on how to create your own widget here: Tutorials - Cumulocity IoT Guides

1 Like

I am working on edit existing widget available as git repo and trying to republish it to our application

For e.e.g rest based grid widget is downloaded and then customised it.

I did not find the steps to convert it back in to .zip file in order to deploy it on dashboard on application builder app

Hi Harshil,

Please find below steps to deploy the widget to the application.

1. Run npm run runtime to create .zip file. Zip file will be present under runtime/dist folder.

2. Login to the tenant. Navigate to Administration → All Applications → Search for the widget →
    If its present, open the widget → Upload a zip file.
    If its not present, Add application → Upload web application.

Kindly let me know in case of any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
Sheethal J R

Unfortunately i do not see output when i execute npm run runtime on below prompt

The command gets finished succesfully but not able to generate zip

The .tgz file gets generated when i give npm run buildPatch but that is not accpeted to be uploaded

can you please help me with this

Hi Harshil,

Can you please check for the zip file in runtime folder.
cumulocity-rest-based-grid-widget/runtime/dist

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.